The following is a short book preview about the characteristics of effective leaders by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
The Responsible Leader: Developing a Culture of Responsibility in an Uncertain World
Tim Richardson, London: Kogan Page (2015)
Effective leaders typically do the following (among other actions):
- Have a clear vision for the future
- Set direction
- Inspire others to follow them
- Enable greatness in others
- Are able to mobilize teams and resources to deliver against that vision
- Create followership through trust, respect and loyalty, among other things (p. 25-26).”
The Responsible Leader is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.