The following is a short book preview contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
Engaged: Unleashing Your Organization’s Potential through Employee Engagement
Linda Holbeche & Geofrey Matthews, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass (2012)
- Look for, and are given opportunities to, improve their performance – and this benefits the business.
- Are positive about the job and the organization.
- Believe in and identify with the organization.
- Work actively to make things better.
- Treat other people with respect and help colleagues to perform more effectively.
- Can be relied on and go beyond the requirements of the job.
- See the bigger picture, even at personal cost.
- Keep up to date in their field (p. 12-13).”
Engaged: Unleashing Your Organization’s Potential through Employee Engagement is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.