The following is a short book preview contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
Tuesday Morning Coaching
David Cottrell, New York: McGraw-Hill (2013)
- It’s okay to fail – everyone fails at some point – but it’s not okay to keep failing.
- Denial only delays success.
- Success rarely shows up quickly. It appears after trial, error and prolonged effort.
- Growth and success are optional, and if we choose that option, we have to change.
- Successful people never make excuses to justify why things are the way they are, and they don’t complain about the ways things should be.
- Change should be constant and welcomed, even when things aren’t going well.
- Problem-solving process that can be used for virtually any issue – write down: the problem as you perceive it; the impact it has on you or others; what you want to accomplish – your desired end state; why you think the problem exists; potential solutions (Cottrell, p. 87).
Tuesday Morning Coaching is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Click here to borrow this resource or any other resource from the OSU Leadership Center Lending Library. Once you are on the Lending Library web page, click on the Spectrum icon.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.