The following is a short book preview contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line
David Horsager, Minneapolis: Summerside Press (2010)
Some people are takers and some people are givers. Takers are only in relationships to receive. Givers invest in others. Natural givers are the happiest people I know.
Consider how to be a giver of:
- Attention: Can you notice or acknowledge people more?
- Resources: Can you set a plan to give away a larger percentage of your income every year?
- Time: Can you spend more time making a positive difference?
- Opportunity: Can you give someone a chance or an opportunity?
- Help: Can you help someone in a practical way (Horsager, 2010 p.188)?
The Trust Edge is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Click here to borrow this resource or any other resource from the OSU Leadership Center Lending Library. Once you are on the Lending Library web page, click on the Spectrum icon.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.