- What did you learn today?
- When was the last time you scheduled professional development for yourself?
- Beyond the scheduled training sessions from the training department, when do you work on developing you?
- When the opportunity to do the next job in your leadership career emerges, will you be ready?
- Are you too busy to find time to develop yourself?
- Will you be as effective tomorrow as you are today if you remain static in your development?
- Do you only work on you when you have “free time”?
- Is it acceptable to do personal development activities during your work hours? Do you feel guilty about that?
- If you were out sick, have you prepared someone to handle the work? If you were out experiencing professional development, have you prepared someone to handle the work?
Stop back next week – we’ll discuss the Mom & Dad Syndrome.
Photo credit: USACE Europe District