The following is a short book preview contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
Power Relationships: 26 Irrefutable Laws for Building Extraordinary Relationships
Andrew Sobel and Jerold Panas, Wiley (2014)
Life is about you. If it weren’t about you, you wouldn’t be here.
- You are not an accident. You are here for a reason. You have a destiny.
- You have a purpose.
- You have gifts and talents.
- You do things that only you can do in the way you do them. You and only you can leave your mark on the world.
Life is about more than you. It’s about knowing you were made for relationships:
- To love
- To mentor
- To learn
- To serve
- To create
- To work together
- To change for the better
It’s about living for more than you.
- For a bigger purpose.
- For a greater cause.
- For those who will become your legacy.
It’s about you knowing you are part of something much bigger than you.
- You live in a universe.
- Uni-verse means “one song.” Songs don’t happen by accident.
- Songs are created by organizing notes into arrangements and patterns.
- And so there is a Creator of the one song. You are an expression of the Creator.
- You are a note in the greatest of symphonies.
It’s about you!
- It’s about you contributing to the one song.
- It’s about you playing your part to the best of your ability. It’s about you lifting others up.
- It’s about you living the purpose God created you for.
- lt’s about you, the Creator, and the song becoming one.
- Life is about you, and what you do is up to you.(p. 144)
Power Relationships is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.