The following is a short book preview of some of the most prized management behaviors contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration
Marc Hurwitz & Samantha Hurwitz, Toronto, ON, Canada: Rotman-UTP Publishing (2015)
- “Be a good coach.
- Empower your team and don’t micromanage.
- Express interest in team members’ success and personal well-being.
- Don’t be a sissy. Be productive and results oriented
- Be a good communicator and listen to your team.
- Help your employees with career development.
- Have a clear vision and strategy for the team.
- Have key technical skills so you can help advise the team (p. 72-73).”
Leadership is Half the Story is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.