The following is a short book preview including a list of prized manager behaviors contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
Leadership is Half the Story: A Fresh Look at Followership, Leadership, and Collaboration
Marc Hurwitz & Samantha Hurwitz, Toronto, ON, Canada: Rotman-UTP Publishing (2015)
- “Be a good coach.
- Empower your team and don’t micromanage.
- Express interest in team members’ success and personal well-being.
- Don’t be a sissy. Be productive and results oriented.
- Be a good communicator and listen to your team.
- Help your employees with career development.
- Have a clear vision and strategy for the team.
- Have key technical skills so you can help advise the team (p. 73).”
Leadership is Half the Story is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.