A Secret Leadership Key is necessary to unlock the barrier to sustainable growth and a championship culture. The New Leadership Normal teaching uses a fundamental equation:
90/10 – 60/40
Here is a quick definition.
90/10 represents the typical ratio of attention spent by a leader. 90% of the leader’s time, thoughts, and actions are focused on their department. 10% is focused on leading the company overall.
90/10 is pretty typical. Some leaders admit that it’s more like 99/1. Where do you fall on this spectrum?
The New Leadership Normal strives to shift this ratio from 90/10 to 60/40.
60% of your attention as a leader focused on your department and a full 40% of your focus on the company overall.
Think about what a massive change this represents.
If a full 40% of your being is focused on leading the company overall this is a huge change.
Just some of the things that are different in a 60/40 world:
- Delegation is growth oriented
- Empowerment becomes natural
- Engagement increases
- Your work as a leader is more interesting
- The organization naturally employs more checks and balances without more bureaucracy
- Your opportunities as a leader expand
- Doing the right thing more often replaces the most expedient thing
- More options become available when making decisions
- And much, much more
The Secret Leadership Key
60/40 is the Secret Leadership Key that creates The New Leadership Normal and leads to sustainable growth.