The following is a short book preview about the seven sources of power contributed by the Ohio State University Leadership Center.
Influential Leadership: A Leader’s Guide to Getting Things Done
Colin Gautrey, London: Kogan Page (2014)
- “Credibility: the power derived from your professional standing and expertise.
- Character: the underlying traits, values and beliefs that shape your behavior.
- Presence: the impact you create and the feelings you stimulate when people meet you.
- Position: the roles you play and how you maneuver yourself into the limelight.
- Connections: the network of relationships you have around you and your work.
- Skills: those exceptional abilities you have that enable you to get things done.
- Agenda: the issues and priorities you focus your leadership attention on (p. 29).”
Influential Leadership is available from the OSU Leadership Center.
Learn how the Ohio State University Leadership Center is inspiring others to take a leadership role that empowers the world at the OSU Leadership Center website.